Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect information from you in connection with your application.
Information we collect includes:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- Work authorization status;
- CV, resume, cover letter, previous work experience, and education information;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- Information relating to references; and
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, interests, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards or professional memberships).
As discussed in the “Diversity” section below, in certain cases we will ask questions about race/ethnic origin, gender, veteran status, and disability of our applicants, for monitoring equal opportunity. We will also ask most applicants that have accepted employment offers from us to submit to background checks. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law. Otherwise, we ask that you avoid submitting information that may qualify as sensitive information under applicable law. Sensitive information includes race, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, age, gender identity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, marital status, medical or health information (including disability status), genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, veteran status, judicial data such as criminal records or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings.
Any information you submit through the Careers Site must be true, complete, and not misleading. Submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to a rejection of your application during the application process or disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us.
Information from Other Sources
For the purpose of background check reports in connection with your application, and as permitted by applicable law, PDT obtains information about you from other sources.
Other sources include:
- Your references;
- Prior employers;
- Educational institutions you attended;
- Your LinkedIn or other social media profiles.
Use of Information
We collect and process information about you for one or more of these reasons:
- Because you voluntarily provide this information and consent for us to process it;
- Because this information is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment or internship;
- Because this information is of importance to us and we have a legitimate interest under law to process it;
- To comply with a legal obligation; or
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of any person.
Where the collection or processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time to the extent permitted by applicable law.
The information that you submit on the Careers Site will be used for PDT’s global personnel recruitment, management and planning purposes, as permitted by applicable law:
- To process your application. We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests;
- To assess your capabilities and qualifications for a job. We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you, based on our legitimate interests;
- To conduct reference checks. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests;
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, and to send you information regarding the Careers Site and changes to our terms and policies. We will engage in these activities to manage our prospective contractual relationship with you;
- To comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests;
- To conduct background checks if we offer you a position. We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or based on our legitimate interests; and
- To preserve our other legitimate interests, for example, for PDT’s administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training, and as generally required to conduct our business within PDT and its affiliates.
Some of the information about you (such as your name and a summary of your unsuccessful application process) will be added to PDT’s international candidate database, because we have a legitimate interest to keep a record of our decisions taken during each application process for future references, and for the purpose of defending any legal claims against us arising out of the application process. Some of the information may also be retained and used to consider you for opportunities at PDT and its affiliates other than the one(s) for which you apply. We will generally retain more information about applicants for U.S. job openings and less information about applicants for U.K. job openings, given the differences in applicable law. If you are applying for a U.K. job or internship and do not wish us to retain any of your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we hire you, personal information we collect in connection with your application can be incorporated into our human resources system and used to manage the new-hire process; any such information can become part of your employee file and used for other employment-related purposes.
Providing personal information to us through the Careers Site is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, PDT may be unable to consider your employment application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information
PDT shares personal information with our affiliate, PDT Partners UK I Ltd., which is involved in evaluating candidates for a given position.
We will limit access to personal information to personnel with a business need to know the information for the purposes described in this Policy, including personnel in the recruiting, human resources, and information technology departments, and in the department responsible for the position for which you are applying.
PDT also shares personal information with our third-party service providers to facilitate services they provide to us, including hosting and operating the Careers Site, recruiting assistance, and background check processing.
Disclosing your personal information can include transferring personal information to other countries, including the United States or any other country in which we or our service providers have operations. If you are located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), this may include countries outside of the EEA. Some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here. As for transfers to other countries, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, to protect your information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us using the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
Other Uses and Disclosures of Information
We also use and disclose your personal information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations, which may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities: To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate (these can include authorities outside your country of residence).
- To cooperate with law enforcement: For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons: For example, to enforce our terms and conditions and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction: We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods are: (i) the requirements under applicable law; (ii) the duration of the application process; (iii) the extent of our relationship with you; (iv) our legitimate interests; and (v) other legal considerations (such as whether litigation or regulatory investigations are ongoing or contemplated).
We may remove personal information for inactive applications from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, PDT can delete personal information about you (including your CV/resume) from our database at any time and without providing any reason. Therefore, please retain your own copy of the personal information provided to us.
Passive Information Collection: Cookies and Similar Technology
We and our service providers use “cookies” and similar technologies on the Careers Site. Please see our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy for more information.
Choices and Access
To change personal information that you have already submitted for consideration for a specific position, please provide the updated information by resubmitting your application for that position. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal information, object to the processing of personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to access or have changed, and whether you would like to have personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database.
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
Additional Information for the EEA
You also may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or in the place of the alleged misconduct. For a list of data protection authorities, please visit https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
PDT hereby disclaims, as far as permitted by local laws, any liability for itself and its affiliates and contractors for any personal information we collect in connection with your application that is lost, misused, illegally accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed, or not timely delivered to our Careers Site.
Links to Third-Party Websites
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Careers Site links. The inclusion of a link on the Careers Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by PDT or our affiliates.
PDT is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. PDT does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on protected grounds under applicable law, such as race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information in any area of recruitment.
Law Applicable to Job Application
The Careers Site allows you to apply for jobs world-wide, as a benefit of PDT’s centralized global recruitment function. This Careers Site is operated from the United States. Accordingly, any personal information you submit to the Careers Site will be collected in the United States and will be subject to U.S. laws. However, if we share your personal information with an affiliate located in another country in its capacity as a potential employer or as part of the U.S. assessment process, the affiliate will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Any hiring or other employment-related decisions will be made by the hiring affiliate in accordance with the laws of the country where the job will be located.
The Careers Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18.
Current Personnel of PDT
If you currently work for PDT or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within PDT to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with the HR manager for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
The Careers Site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time in order to address future developments of PDT, the Careers Site or changes in industry or legal trends. The “Effective Date” legend at the bottom of this Policy indicates when this Policy was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Careers Site.
If you have questions or requests, please feel free to contact both PDT Partners, LLC and our EU/UK representative at email@example.com.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.
Effective Date: November 24, 2020